Hooray for me... I'm FREE!
Children need to turn 3 years old by Sept. 30
We welcome the excitement and exuberance that children who are three (a.k.a. “free”) years-old bring with them! Our staff is trained and our program is especially designed to support these children in their dual quest for increasing independence and hands on discovery learning. Children must have independent bathroom skills to attend this program, no pull-ups or diapers please.
Goals of our program
To help your child . . .
- feel safe and secure without you
- learn to make choices and recognize limits
- meet and acquire playmates and friends
- express themselves through art, music, movement and dramatic play
- take pride in “I did it myself!” moments
- learn about taking turns and “just trying”
- share toys, materials and attention
- use words to tell about feelings, needs and wants
- feel comfortable in Chapel, talking to God
- Learn that Jesus is our best friend!
- develop language and literacy skills across an integrated curriculum
- learn leadership skills by helping others
- discover simple math and science concepts through hands-on exploration
Areas of Development
Physical ~ skills, strength, coordination, movement, exercise
Spiritual ~ introduce Chapel, talking to God, learning about His birth, life and ministry
Aesthetic ~ music, arts, drama, movement
Social/Emotional ~ safe, happy, respect, self-esteem, forgiveness, helping others, forging friendships, forming attachments with trusted adults
Cognitive ~ develop and pursue interests and curiosities, ask and respond to questions, solve problems, undertake challenges
Language ~ use words to communicate wants and needs, express feelings and thoughts, develop speaking, listening, reading and writing skills, love for conversation, books and storytelling
For School Year - 2020-2021
DAYS AND TIMES OF CLASSES
- Our 2-Day AM Program is Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9am-12pm
- Our 3-Day AM Program is Monday, Wednesday & Friday mornings from 9am-12pm or
- Our 3-Day MIX Program is Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9am-12pm, and Wednesday afternoon from 12:30pm - 3:30pm
- Our 5-day AM Program is Monday through Friday mornings from 9am -12pm