Levels of Care at Prince of Peace


Levels of Care at Prince of Peace

Pastoral Care

Care and counsel provided by pastors and other full-time staff with a focus on spiritual healing and reconciliation.  Typically, pastoral care provides prayer and support in momentary crisis.  If the issue presented involves more in-depth assistance or emotional care, then the person can be referred to a support group, a Stephen Minister, a local mental health professional, or a local assistance agency.  The pastors and staff are always available for listening and prayer.  If you need a pastoral care appointment, please contact a staff person directly or call the church office to make an appointment at (703)451-5855 or email Tiffany Sears.

Stephen Ministry

Stephen Ministers are trained laypeople who provide confidential, one-to-one care to people experiencing a difficult time in life, such as grief, divorce, job loss, relocation, or separation due to military deployment.  Stephen Ministers offer a listening ear and a non-judgmental presence where love and care are the focus.   If you would like to be matched up with a Stephen Minister, please contact Wanda Johnson, Stephen Minister Leader, at (703)978-3042 or email Wanda.

Marriage and Family Counseling and Psychotherapy

These services provide more in-depth support to those who are experiencing marital and family issues, psychological disorders, and mental distress. A licensed counselor or psychotherapist helps the person tackle a specific or general problem such as a particular mental illness or a source of life stress.  Depending on the approach used by the therapist, a wide range of techniques and strategies can be used.   For an appointment, contact Safe Harbor Christian Counseling at (800)305-2089 (located in Room 13 at Prince of Peace).  For a listing of recommended mental health providers in the area, please contact DCE Stacey Crosson.

Support Groups

These groups typically meet weekly to offer support and help when facing certain life challenges, such as divorce, separation, or the death of a loved one, with the goal of learning how to move toward rebuilding one’s life. Support groups can be a great source of mutual understanding, acceptance, and growth. Prince of Peace offers Divorce Care, Divorce Care for Kids, and Grief Share.  For a listing of other area support groups, please contact DCE Stacey Crosson.

Local Support Agencies

Fairfax County has many private and public agencies that care for the physical, mental, and emotional needs of individuals and families.  The Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board (CSB) is the public agency that plans, organizes and provides services for people in our community who have mental illness, substance use disorders, and/or intellectual disability. The CSB also provides early intervention services for infants and toddlers who have developmental delays.  For more information please click here: Community Services Board.